Monday, August 15, 2011

Shrimp Toast!



So this Saturday night I went to a lovely birthday dinner and a raging house party. The result of this fun time was that Sunday all I did was sleep and eat (and watch the Arthur remake, which was just ok.)

So anyway I get extremely specific cravings and being hungover magnifies this trait. All I wanted was shrimp toast, but not the dim sum kind, the southern cocktail party kind. Here is what I came up with for my immediate consumption. I love when you can have exactly what you want and it takes two minutes to put together.

Shrimp Toast
4 English Muffins, split
6 oz Cooked Shrimp, chopped
5.2 oz Boursin Garlic & Herb Cheese
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Butter
Black Pepper
Parsley

Mix shrimp, boursin, spices, mayonnaise, and butter in a small bowl. Spread mixture over English muffins. Top with fresh parsley and black pepper. Broil for 10 minutes or until golden.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment